Wednesday, October 1, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Well crap, three weeks and counting. Where did the time go. It was most definitely worth it. Just thinking of going back to "work" has me doing job searches for something new and has me thinking of how we could make this stay home dad thing work for the long haul. I have tried making cash with stock photos, building corn hole games, selling my junk, doing side jobs, and hooking on the corner, but only selling my junk has paid off. Actual junk that is, not my personal "junk" (get it)? Anyhoo, I am beginning to get bummed and fear that during our upcoming vacation the week before my leave ends, will be drowned with thoughts of sorrow as I leave my sweet little baby to make money : (


I now wonder if I would hold up to a late night part time job after Dani gets home. I kinda doubt it as I just want to crawl into bed around 10pm anymore. Might be an idea though. What if I did my own gig and made my own hours? Kinda tried that this past 12 weeks and look where it got me. Huh? Think.?. I'm drawing blanks. Maybe stuffing envelopes? Riiiight. It's not that I hate working, I just don't want to miss all the things Grace will go through. Watching her now as we walk through the parks and preserves... so aware. Sitting up, throwing up, discovering toys, sleepy eyes, sleepy cries, being a lap baby, overflowing Target diapers, new food. Target diapers suck... for me.

No comments: