Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I is a poet and I dun't even nose it!

It's been quite some time since I posted so I guess I'll throw this little poem into the mix. Didn't really want to, but whatever. Grace and I were just chillin' a couple of weeks before I was to return to work and I felt the urge to start writing. This is what came out. Here goes.



To stay at home and be with my baby.

Dani says yes, yet I say maybe.

To be rich and not worry of a thing,

That would cushion the painful sting.

The sting of work,

The sting of loneliness;

Why leave now and feel depressed?

She cries,

She eats,

While I just giggle;

I love to watch her sit, lay, and wiggle.

Such a treasure,

Such total bliss.

I cannot wait when she knows of a kiss.

To know of love,

Of family, and God.

She makes my world better,

Since she is my job.


No comments: