Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Here we go!

Week one



Dani left me with Grace on Saturday so she could get some things ready for her return the the work place. I don't think it went too well for me or Grace, as she seemed very fussy. Was it tiredness or sleepiness? I sure hope it isn't always like that. She would nap for maybe 20 minutes then get all pissy when she woke up. I dunno.?. This is gonna take some getting used to but I know I am up for it. I wasn't getting mad or grouchy about Grace's frustration, just felt bad she couldn't relax and that I couldn't help her.


Monday went better than the Saturday prior. No walks due to thunderstorms though. I attempted to load pictures and blog while Grace was napping, which was very sporadic and quite short. I have realized that she loves to be held whether sleeping or awake and she gets a tad heavy... even for a guy with arms as large as mine : ) I strapped up the baby backpack thingy (hangs on the front) and carried her with me. Worked out well but gets tiring too, and warm in steamy weather.


A new finding is that Grace really gets comfy in this donut feeding pillow dealy. It's nice because she tends to sleep much longer in it than anything else. She has woken up a few times this past nap and I just cuddle her right back to sleep. It's not that I don't want her to wake up, but she gets a bit grouchy when she doesn't get enough sleep... like mommy. It's funny how she gets so upset trying to stay awake. All she needs at that point is some snuggles to convince her. She really just does what she wants right now... no schedule. How does one go about setting a sleep schedule for a newborn and when should it begin? Huh? I have a lot to come and I can't wait.

No comments: